- Himachal Pradesh got its 2nd capital city (2nd March): The first capital is obviously Shimla and the second capital city of Himachal Pradesh is now officially Dharamshala. Dharamshala, the tourist place and the hometown of Tibetan Spiritual Leader Dalai Lama has the history of its own. This historical announcement was made by Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister, Virbhadra Singh on 2nd March 2017.
- North India produce the highest quantity of Sugar (3rd March): Till February, North India has produced over six million tons sugar. This year UP has made to the top of the list as the highest sugar producing state of the country with 107 sugar mills are on duty in UP. It is being highly expected that a remarkable quantity of sugar will be produced from North India.
- 20% price hike on liquor(5th March): People of Haryana have to count more cash with the hike of 20% on board in prices of all the brands of country liquor, foreign liquor and Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL). Excise Policy for the year 2017-18 was unveiled by excise and taxation minister Captain Abhimanyu on 5th March. The policy has been named as “vendor friendly” as it assumed to favour the retailers than the buyers.
- Haryana Budget (6th March): Haryana Finance Minister Captain Abhimanyu presented his 3rd budget. He kept their promises by keeping same old taxes and making the power cheaper for domestic users. Moreover, he told the house that the government is ready to pay more for Sutlej-Yamuna-Link (SYL) canal.
- A batch of 134 youth of Jammu and Kashmir inducted into the Army (7th March): The Jammu and Kashmir Light Infantry (JAK LI) Regimental Centre introduced the pass out batch of 13 recruits on having completed 1 year of hard training. The proud event was attended by the Parents and relatives of the young soldiers along with a number of civil and military dignitaries.
- North India to get Pre-Monsoon rains (8th March to 12th March): By March 8, thundershowers are likely to pour over Punjab, Haryana, and Rajasthan. Uttar Pradesh & Delhi could also see some isolated pre-monsoon rain down. The shower spell is supposed to continue till 11th March. By 12th March, there will be a significant drop in the rain.
- Gurgaon Utsav (10th to 12th March): This year Gurgaon will celebrate the colour of Festival, Holi with music and drama. The fifth edition of Gurgaon Utsav with the association of “I am Gurgaon “ will be organised by the Arts and Literature Foundation, Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon.
Date: March 10-12 Where: Aravali Biodiversity Park
The Kapil Sharma Show in Chandigarh (18th March): Dr. Mashoor Gulati and Palak of Kapil Sharma Show is about entertaining the city. Drishti Events is organising ‘Dr.Mashoor Gulati Comedy Clinic’. Mashoor Gulati and Palak will be performing live on stage in North India.
Date: 18th March 2017 Day: Saturday
Time: 7 PM onwards
Venue: North Country Mall, NH 21, Chandigarh-Kharar Road, Mohali
Ticket Price: Rs. 700 to Rs. 5000